Good Afternoon BPS Families!
We were going to wait until we had more information to post, but many of you have been emailing us with questions.
Here is what we can tell you right now:
- We miss seeing the kids and families every day!!!
- We know that this is stressful and uncharted times for everyone and we want to encourage you to access the links on our YRDSB website for how to talk to your kids about COVID-19 (see below)
- There are concerns about the continuity of learning. The Minister of Education announced the Learn from Home platform that you may choose to access with your children, YRDSB also has links for home on the link below, and many of our teachers have been posting on their Google class sites, Twitter and Instagram. Please check out those resources if you would like.
- At this time, we are heading back to school April 6th – if anything changes, you will get an email and I will Blog and Tweet.
- Lots is happening on Twitter, so consider getting an account if you don’t have one. Follow us @Bakersfield_PS, your teachers, the Library @BakersfieldLLC, @YRDSB and #education
If you or anyone you know from our community needs support, please let us know. We want to help ensure that we all continue to come together as a community to help emerge as a healthy and happy community.
Krysten Cameron & Jennifer Rosenberg