Two things before we start tomorrow morning at 8:40 a.m.:
- The fire at the Park beside the school is out and all is under control. Thank you to everyone for your concern and bringing it to my attention.
- We suggested people park on Treecrest and walk, but there is NO PARKING on Treecrest. Please park on the Leameadow where there is parking, if needed.
Just a reminder about tomorrow morning!
Thursday September 10th – all SK Students, and students in Grades 1-8 with the last name starting with A-K
Friday September 11th – all SK Students, and students in Grades 1-8 with the last name starting with L-Z
There is NO parking available on school property. Please park on side streets and walk your child(ren) to school property. We are asking parents, where possible, to stay off school property. If you need to walk your child to thier line (or entrance on days beyond the first day) you must maintain social distancing. If you access the drop off loop, you are not permitted to exit your vehicle. Please just pull to the curb and let your child out.
Staff will be wearing their Staff shirts, please speak to someone if you need support. Students must be wearing thier masks. We ask that parents do not stay on school property once your child(ren) have found thier lines. This is in an effort to keep well spaced. In addition, although we have historically enjoyed meeting the teacher on day one and chatting – we ask that you do not attempt to do it this year. Please call or email the teacher and set up a separate time to meet. We do need to keep the school yard less congested, please.
- Year 2 Kindergarten Students will enter the fenced Kindergarten Yards – no parents allowed in the fenced yards. Staff members will be there to welcome your child. Goldberg/Andaluz & Kerzner/Ali are in the south yard. Gitlin & Park/Baranji are in the west yard.
- Grade 1-3 teachers will be spread out on the Tarmac with signs and students are to get in socially distanced lines to wave goodbye to parents
- Grade 4-8 teachers will be spread out on the Tarmac with signs. Students are to get in socially distanced lines and prepare to enter the building
At 8:55 a.m., we will begin bringing our students in to the building to begin the day. Dismissal is at 3:15 p.m. and information with where to pick up your child is included in a previous Blog post.