Good Afternoon and Shana Tova to those celebrating!
Today you received an email directly from YRDSB that had a lot of information in it. Below is a copy of part of that email. We know that the screening tool is NEW and may be confusing for some families. Our suggestion is that you open the two links for screening on your phone or computer and book mark them for easy, daily access. You will need to know each child’s GAPPS (google) login information. If you don’t know it yet, your teachers or the office can support. This process is to be done each morning before coming to school. We will be following up with families who do not complete the screening – so please do your best to complete it! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
STEP ONE: Click here for the York Public Health Screening https: York PH Covid-19 School Screening Tool
STEP TWO: Click here to login using the Gapps info to report completion to YRDSB YRDSB Confirmation Form
As we approach the first day of school, we are all very excited to welcome back our students and staff. It has been five months since we have had students in our school buildings and we appreciate the efforts everyone in our communities have made to support a safe return for all.
Below are some reminders and new information that we have recently received from the provincial government and York Region Public Health.
A new screening tool for the 2021-2022 school year has been provided by York Region Public Health (please click on Check for Symptoms Daily). This screening tool replaces previous versions and all students and staff must complete the screening prior to attending any YRDSB school or facility.
Parents/guardians of elementary students (or the students themselves depending on their age) will have to provide confirmation of a successful screening as follows:
- Parents/Guardians of Elementary students are required to complete on-line self-assessment COVID-19 School and Child-Care Screening Tool (please click on Check for Symptoms Daily), prior to their child entering the school
- Upon completion of the self-assessment, Parents/Guardians will complete the response to the question: “Have you completed the self-screening tool?” in the Confirmation Form, using their child’s GAPPS account login information. Information on how to access your child’s GAPPS account is available on the Board’s website. If you do not have a student number/username, one will be provided by your child’s teacher.
Any students who are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 as identified in the screening tool (not related to a COVID-19 vaccine) or answer yes to any of the screening questions, must not enter any school and follow the guidance in the screening tool.
Properly fitted masks are required for all students in Grades 1 to 12 and strongly recommended for students in Kindergarten.
Parents/guardians must provide their child with at least three personal masks (non-medical) to wear at school. Public Health Agency of Canada recommends Canadians wear three-layer masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information about how to use face coverings properly, visit www.york.ca/covid19. All school staff will wear a medical mask and other personal protective equipment as required.
We appreciate that families have many questions about what to expect when their children return to school. In an effort to answer your questions,we:
- continue to update frequently asked questions
- held a virtual town hall responding to family questions
- are recording a two-part podcast responding to common questions with York Region Public Health
Our health and safety measures are available on the Board website and we will continue to communicate with families as information is updated. Thank you for partnering with us to ensure these important guidelines are adhered to, as we work together to protect the health and safety of our students, staff and families.
Once again, we appreciate the efforts of all families, students and staff to ensure our schools are safe and welcoming environments to work and learn.